Regulations Regarding the Amount of the Contribution for Receipt of State-ensured Legal Aid and Procedures for the Payment Thereof
1. The Regulation prescribes the procedures by which a contribution for the receipt of State-ensured legal aid (hereinafter - the legal aid) (hereinafter - the contribution) shall be made, the amount and refund procedures thereof.
2. The contribution is a one-time payment of a person into the own revenue of the account of the Legal Aid Administration which is made by a person according to the decision taken to grant the legal aid.
3. The contribution in extrajudicial proceedings shall be EUR 25.
4. The contribution in judicial proceedings shall be EUR 75.
5. Prior to appointing the legal aid provider, the person shall make the contribution in full amount according to the decision to grant the legal aid. The Legal Aid Administration shall indicate the amount of the contribution, the term for payment, and the necessary details for making the contribution in the decision to grant the legal aid.
6. The person shall pay the contribution with the intermediation of a provider of payment services which has the right to provide payment services within the meaning of the Payment Services and Electronic Money Law.
7. The Legal Aid Administration shall refund the contribution to the person, if execution of the decision of the Legal Aid Administration to grant the legal aid has not been commenced.
8. The Legal Aid Administration shall refund the contribution to the person in the part overpaid thereby, if the person has made a larger contribution than indicated in the decision to grant the legal aid.
9. The Legal Aid Administration shall perform the refund within one month from the day when a decision in the case of legal aid has been taken, on the basis of the submission of the person in which the account of the settlement institution has been indicated. If at the moment of taking the abovementioned decision the submission of the person regarding the refund has not been received, then the refund shall be performed within a month after receipt of a relevant submission of the person.
10. The person shall submit the submission regarding the refund within a year from the day when a decision in the case of legal aid has been taken.
11. The Regulation shall come into force on 1 January 2019.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Minister for Justice Dzintars Rasnačs
Translation © 2019 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Noteikumi par iemaksas apmēru valsts nodrošinātās juridiskās palīdzības saņemšanai un tās veikšanas .. Status: