Minimum Requirements for the Content of the Mandatory Course in Civil Protection and the Content of Training of Employees in Civil Protection
Issued pursuant to
1. This Regulation shall prescribe the minimum requirements for the content of the mandatory course in civil protection, as well as the minimum requirements for the training of employees in civil protection matters.
2. A general and vocational educational institution (except for a college in relation to higher education programmes) shall ensure that an educatee in the process of general and vocational education (except for the vocational higher education) shall acquire the following in conformity with the content of the mandatory course in civil protection:
2.1. knowledge of daily potential hazardous situations, action in various cases of threats (including prevention of injury), safe behaviour at home, in transport, on the street, as well as while in nature, in an educational institution, in another public place, in electronic environment and elsewhere;
2.2. knowledge of factors affecting the environment and environmental impacts on individuals and society;
2.3. knowledge of security in the country (potential threats and risks related to national security);
2.4. knowledge of potential disasters and the consequences thereof, as well as action in cases of disaster;
2.5. first aid skills in situations critical to life (for example, stopping dangerous bleeding, resuscitation measures), as well as calling for assistance.
3. An institution of higher education shall ensure that a student in the higher education process, in conformity with the content of the mandatory course in civil protection, acquires:
3.1. knowledge of the structure, legal framework, organisation and management of the civil protection system;
3.2. knowledge of the tasks, rights and obligations of the State, local governments, legal persons and natural persons in the field of civil protection;
3.3. knowledge of objects of increased danger (hereinafter - the object), the obligations and rights of the owner or legal possessor thereof;
3.4. knowledge of the civil protection commissions of local governments;
3.5. knowledge of the planning of civil protection measures;
3.6. knowledge of the assessment of the threat risk;
3.7. knowledge of dangerous substances, the classification and requirements for the storage and transport thereof;
3.8. knowledge of the request and provision of international assistance;
3.9. knowledge of personal protective equipment in case of a disaster (for example, filter gas masks, anti-chemical protective clothing);
3.10. knowledge of the specific legal regimes (emergency and exceptional situation);
3.11. first aid skills in situations critical to life (for example, stopping dangerous bleeding, resuscitation measures), as well as calling for assistance.
4. The course in civil protection shall amount to at least 1 credit point. An institution of higher education is entitled to supplement the content of the mandatory course in civil protection, thereby increasing its amount depending on the speciality of the students.
5. The content of civil protection training shall ensure that, in the training process, a person employed in an object of increased danger or in an object for which a civil protection plan has been developed (or has to be developed) (hereinafter - the employee) shall acquire:
5.1. knowledge of the civil protection plan of the object;
5.2. knowledge of the potential disasters in the State and their consequences;
5.3. knowledge of the national early warning system;
5.4. knowledge of the authorities which ensure the management of disasters;
5.5. knowledge of the civil protection system;
5.6. first aid skills in situations critical to life (for example, stopping dangerous bleeding, resuscitation measures), as well as calling for assistance.
6. An employer shall organise civil protection training for employees at least once a year.
7. The employee with his or her signature shall certify that he or she has completed training in civil protection matters.
8. Paragraph 3 of this Regulation shall be applicable from 1 January 2019.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Minister for the Interior Rihards Kozlovskis
Translation © 2019 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Minimālās prasības obligātā civilās aizsardzības kursa saturam un nodarbināto civilās aizsardzības .. Status: