Regulations Regarding Arranging and Equipping the Accommodation Centre for Detained Foreigners and Accommodation Premises for Asylum Seekers
Issued pursuant to
1. This Regulation prescribes the requirements for arranging and equipping the accommodation centre for detained foreigners (hereinafter - the Centre) and accommodation premises for asylum seekers (hereinafter - the accommodation premises) of the State Border Guard (hereinafter - the Border Guard).
2. The following shall be arranged in the Centre:
2.1. living premises intended for a foreigner;
2.2. common premises intended for a foreigner;
2.3. ancillary premises and household premises;
2.4. walking area;
2.5. the following specially equipped premises:
2.5.1. a medical isolation ward;
2.5.2. premises for a special guarding regimen (including a room for offenders of internal rules of procedure).
3. The following shall be arranged in the accommodation premises:
3.1. living premises intended for an asylum seeker;
3.2. common premises intended for an asylum seeker;
3.3. ancillary premises and household premises;
3.4. walking area if the accommodation premises are located outside the Centre;
3.5. specially equipped premises for a special guarding regimen (including a room for offenders of internal rules of procedure).
4. Living premises shall be arranged by providing the minimum area of not less than 4 m2 per person. The minimum area of not less than 6 m2 shall be provided for a person with reduced mobility. Persons of different sexes shall be placed in separate living premises, except for the cases where the persons are members of one family. Living premises of the Centre for persons of different sexes shall be arranged in mutually separated blocks. By taking into account the sex, unaccompanied minors shall be accommodated in the premises which are arranged in the premises intended for the accommodation of women or families. In the Centre such premises shall be arranged in the block of premises intended for the accommodation of women or families.
5. The teaching room, the children's playroom, the meeting room, the fitness room, the room for religious rituals, the recreation room, the dining room with kitchen, the laundry room and smoking room shall be common premises. When arranging the Centre and the accommodation premises in the Centre, the children's playroom shall be arranged in the accommodation block of the persons of the relevant category (in the block of premises intended for the accommodation of women or families), the recreation room, the dining room with kitchen, the laundry room and smoking room.
6. Ancillary premises and household premises shall be the premises necessary for the officials and service personnel of the Border Guard, the room for inspection, the room for interviews, the room for taking photographs and dactyloscopy, the treatment room, the internist's room, the psychologist's office, the storeroom for cleaning products, the lavatory, the kitchen for centralised food preparation, the dining room for centralised catering, the storeroom for household goods, the storeroom for food products, the storeroom for the belongings of persons, the storeroom for clean laundry, the storeroom for dirty laundry, the laundry room, the waiting room for visitors and a storeroom for the belongings of visitors, the room for ensuring of the pass regimen.
7. The Centre and the accommodation premises in the Centre shall be arranged and formed as a unified group of buildings. The common premises which are not arranged in the relevant block and ancillary premises with household premises shall be used for ensuring accommodation for both the detained foreigners and asylum seekers. If the accommodation premises are arranged in another unit of the Border Guard, the premises referred to in Paragraphs 5 and 6 of this Regulation shall be arranged in conformity with technical possibilities of a unit of the Border Guard and requirements of laws and regulations in the field of international protection and fundamental rights.
8. In order to ensure staying and walks in fresh air, at least two walking areas shall be arranged in a designated territory of the Centre or the accommodation premises at least in the area of 25 m2.
9. The Centre or the accommodation premises shall be arranged in conformity with the requirements of the Latvian construction standards insofar as it is not in contradiction with the safety requirements of the Centre or the accommodation premises, and the following shall be provided:
9.1. electricity supply:
9.1.1. connection of the security and fire-fighting alarm system, surveillance and telephone system to emergency lighting distribution;
9.1.2. lighting of the territory and fence;
9.1.3. complete equipment for equipotential bonding;
9.1.4. a system for protection against lightning and over-voltage protection for buildings, electrical transmission networks, video surveillance system, low intensity current networks in accordance with the standards for protection against lightning and schemes for electronic communication systems and their protection against lightning;
9.1.5. protection of electric supply of devices with over-voltage arresters (three-stage B, C, D);
9.1.6. backup power supply (diesel generator) with suitable capacity;
9.2. the following electronic communications systems (structured cable systems):
9.2.1. provision with telephone, telefax and computer communications networks (earthing the screens);
9.2.2. computer network with an exchange speed of at least 100 MB/s, and also wireless Internet at certain areas;
9.2.3. installation of telephone and computer network wires in premises by using cable channels;
9.2.4. telephone and computer network shall be established by using shielded twisted pair cable of category 5 or higher;
9.2.5. uninterruptible power supplies shall be intended to be installed at the computer installation points;
9.2.6. switches and network cards of the type similar to at least those produced by 3COM company shall be used for computer network devices;
9.2.7. UPS shall be used for uninterruptible power supplies;
9.3. the following alarm systems:
9.3.1. the territories, common premises of persons, medical isolation ward, rooms for a special guarding regimen, walking area shall be equipped with video cameras which ensure information by digital recording and possibility to transmit the picture by using TCP/IP;
9.3.2. in separate areas and outer doors - encoded keys with tolerance and a list for the use of keys in the computer memory;
9.3.3. automated CCTV digital recording system with a signal Delta compression method and photo printer;
9.3.4. professional fire-fighting alarm system in accordance with the "address" system;
9.3.5. guarding the windows of living and common premises from the outside of the building with movement sensors which are connected to video surveillance devices, and also equipping the windows of living and common premises with early warning system against unauthorised window opening or glass damaging. If any of these guarding systems is not installed, the relevant windows shall be equipped with external grid;
9.4. enhanced protection against lightning and over-voltage:
9.4.1. three-stage electric supply protection;
9.4.2. metal poles on which video cameras are installed shall be earthed and equipped with lightning guards;
9.4.3. protection against penetration of high potential in buildings via underground and surface metal constructions and communications;
9.4.4. over-voltage protection devices which are installed to the devices to be protected as close as possible and connected to equipotential busbars using the shortest way shall be intended for the protection of communications, video surveillance and computer hardware;
9.4.5. the main (input) equipotential busbar, and also separate equipotential busbars, shall be equipped with protection devices (for example, in a server room, guard's room);
9.5. natural and forced ventilation systems in accordance with the standards;
9.6. a centralised air conditioning system which can be controlled separately in each room;
9.7. individual air conditioning devices in certain rooms (for example, server room, guard's room);
9.8. fire-fighting hydrant systems in accordance with the standards;
9.9. fencing the territory of the Centre (3 m high, non-transparent fence made of shock resistant material (for example, concrete, bricks) with barbed wire equipped with movement sensors and video surveillance device which are mutually connected);
9.10. automated gate opening and closing;
9.11. fencing the territory of the walking area (3 m high fence made of shock resistant material with barbed wire equipped with movement sensors and video surveillance device which are mutually connected).
10. When improving the Centre or the accommodation premises the following shall be provided:
10.1. a territory with hard covering (for example, asphalt concrete, pavement) except for a playground for children;
10.2. a separate canopy (gazebo) in the walking area;
10.3. a separate place for playground for children in the walking area for women or families;
10.4. a place for waste containers;
10.5. masts for three flags.
11. Walls and windows of living premises and common premises, as well as of medical isolation ward, shall be from shock resistant materials in order to prevent the possibility for persons to arbitrarily leave the Centre or the accommodation premises, to damage the walls, windows and doors of living premises and common premises, as well as to cause harm to other persons.
12. When arranging rooms for a special guarding regimen (including premises for offenders of internal rules of procedure), it shall be taken into account that the minimum area per one person may not be less than 4 m2 (excluding lavatory), the distance between the walls of a living room shall be at least 2 m, height from floor until ceiling - at least 2.5 m, but windows shall not be smaller than 0.5 x 0.5 m. Walls, windows and doors shall be from shock resistant materials in order to prevent the possibility for persons to arbitrary leave the Centre or the accommodation premises, to damage the walls, windows and doors of the premises, as well as to cause harm to other persons. The windows shall be with bars from the outside.
13. The communications (wires, cables, pipes) of living premises and common premises, medical isolation ward and room for a special guarding regimen (including a room for offenders of internal rules of procedure) shall be located so that persons would not have a possibility to easily access them. Materials which may be easily cleaned and disinfected shall be used for finishing of living and common premises, medical isolation ward, treatment room, internist's room, room for inspection and room for special guarding regimen (including room for offenders of internal rules of procedure).
14. The Centre and the accommodation premises shall be equipped in conformity with Annex to this Regulation.
15. Cabinet Regulation No. 435 of 17 June 2008, Regulations Regarding the Requirements for the Arranging and Equipping of the Accommodation Centre (Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2008, No. 96, 2015, No. 134), is repealed.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Minister for the Interior Rihards Kozlovskis
Equipment of the Centre and the Accommodation Premises
1 Equipment intended for each person.
2 A room shall be equipped in which a child up to four years of age (including) is living.
3 Shall be equipped so as one cooker burner is per two adult persons.
4 Quantity depends on the maximum number of persons intended.
5 One per two persons.
6 Is issued upon request.
7 One per 10 persons.
8 Quantity and placement shall be determined by the State Border Guard (including determining the number and placement of lavatories and showers for persons with disability in the living premises of persons referred to in Paragraph 1 of this Annex).
9 Quantity and equipment specifics depend on the sanitary requirements.
10 Shall be established separately or in a walking area intended for women, families.
Minister for the Interior Rihards Kozlovskis
Translation © 2019 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Noteikumi par aizturēto ārzemnieku izmitināšanas centra un patvēruma meklētāju izmitināšanas .. Status: