Regulations Regarding Charge of the Aerodrome Services Provided by the State Stock Company Riga International Airport
1. This Regulation prescribes:
1.1. the charge for the services provided by the State stock company Riga International Airport (hereinafter - Riga Airport) on the civil aviation aerodrome of State significance (hereinafter - aerodrome), including:
1.1.1. for taking-off and landing of aircraft;
1.1.2. for parking of an aircraft in the operative parking place for aircraft for a time during which ground handling of the aircraft is carried out before or after a flight;
1.1.3. for passenger services, indicating the services covered by the charge;
1.2. the procedures for collection and utilisation of the charge;
1.3. exemptions from the charge referred-to in Sub-paragraph 1.1 of this Regulation for aerodrome services.
2. The charge for taking-off and landing of aircraft, including the use of runways and taxyways, lighting of runways and taxyways, aerodrome control service and other facilities of the aerodrome, if the respective facility is necessary for ensuring the take-off and landing of aircraft, shall be EUR 2.05 per 1000 maximum permitted take-off mass kilograms (by rounding up to 10 kg) of aircraft for every take-off and landing. A training flight hour shall be considered equivalent to one take-off and landing, and the coefficient 0.75 shall be applied to the second and each following hour.
[24 September 2013]
3. The charge for parking of aircraft at the aircraft operative parking place for the time during which ground handling of the aircraft is carried out before or after the flight, shall be:
3.1. the first hour and the first 3 hours in the case referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2.2 of this Regulation - free of charge;
3.2. the second and each following hour, as well as the fourth and each following hour in the case referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2.2 of this Regulation - EUR 0.14 per 1000 maximum permitted take-off mass kilograms of aircraft but not less than EUR 30.
[24 September 2013]
4. The charge for the use of passenger and public waiting rooms and corridors, as well as other passenger terminal facilities necessary for servicing of passengers shall be EUR 3.10 for each departing passenger, except the following cases:
4.1. if for the respective carrier the number of passengers departing from Riga Airport during the calendar year exceeds the number of departing passengers in the previous calendar year and if in the previous year this number was not less than one thousand passengers, the charge shall be EUR 1.55 for each passenger exceeding the number of passengers transported in the previous calendar year;
4.2. if in accordance with a published flight schedule the respective carrier starts payable flights (hereinafter - regular flights) to and from Riga Airport in a new direction (to an aerodrome to which no regular flights are performed at the moment of flight notification) at least twice a week for at least six consecutive months. A flight in a new direction shall not include resumed regular flights of the carrier in a suspended flight route which the carrier has previously used when the period of flight suspension was less than 12 months. The charge for each passenger departing in the new flight direction during the first three years following the start of such flights shall be:
4.2.1. for flights up to 3500 km (by measuring the shortest distance) - EUR 0.31 in the first year, EUR 1.25 in the second year, and EUR 2.19 in the third year;
4.2.2. for flights further than 3500 km (by measuring the shortest distance) - free of charge in the first year, EUR 0.94 in the second year, and EUR 1.55 in the third year.
[24 September 2013]
5. The charge for the use of passenger terminal facilities for transit and transfer passengers (passengers who depart from Riga Airport control zone in the same aircraft in which they arrived, or another aircraft if they do not leave Riga Airport control zone) shall be EUR 1 for each departing transit and transfer passenger.
[24 September 2013]
6. If the carrier complies with the conditions referred to in Sub-paragraphs 4.1 and 4.2 of this Regulation, the passengers departing in the new regular flight direction shall not be included in the increase of the total number of passengers transported by this carrier, but the number of passengers transported in the new flight direction shall be recorded separately for the application of the charge referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2 of this Regulation.
7. Exemptions from the charge referred to in Paragraphs 2, 3, 4 and 5 of this Regulation shall include:
7.1. special flights, the sole purpose of which is to transport the ruling monarch and his or her direct family members, State leaders, government leaders and government ministers in an official secondment;
7.2. flights intended for search and rescue operations upon an order of a competent aviation search and rescue service;
7.3. flights with a State aircraft within the meaning of Article 3 of the Convention on International Civil Aviation of 7 December 1944.
8. Passengers aged under two years shall be exempted from the charge referred to in Paragraphs 4 and 5 of this Regulation.
9. An exemption from the charge referred to in Paragraph 3 of this Regulation shall apply to aircraft owners and users which have concluded a separate contract according to the price list for the use of long-term aircraft parking place of Riga Airport insofar as it is not in contradiction with the national and international, including European Union, competition law.
10. The owner and operator of the aircraft shall be jointly liable for the settlements regarding services provided by Riga Airport.
11. The payment procedure of the charge referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.1 of this Regulation shall be as follows:
11.1. the carrier shall ensure complete payment of the sum for services referred to in the introductory part of Paragraph 4 of this Regulation;
11.2. within a month after the end of the respective calendar year Riga Airport shall compare the number of departing passengers with the number of departing passengers in the previous year and submit to the carrier a credit note for the surplus departing passengers in the amount of EUR 1.55 per additional departing passenger in case of an increased number of passengers. If the respective carrier launches the flights referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2 of this Regulation, the number of passengers in the new directions shall not be added to the number of passengers transported in the existing routes.
[24 September 2013]
12. The payment procedure of the charge referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2 of this Regulation shall be as follows:
12.1. during the first six months following the start of regular flights in a new direction the carrier shall pay full amount of the charge referred to in Paragraph 4 of this Regulation;
12.2. after performing the flights referred to in Sub-paragraph 12.1 of this Regulation, provided that the conditions referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2 of this Regulation are fulfilled, Riga Airport shall re-calculate the charge and submit to the carrier a credit note for the departing passengers transported in the respective new regular flight route;
12.3. in the remaining period of flights, provided that the conditions referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2 of this Regulation are fulfilled, the carrier shall ensure settlements in the amount referred to in Sub-paragraph 4.2 of this Regulation.
13. Payments for the services provided by Riga Airport shall be performed within 30 days after sending of the respective invoice. If the deadline for payment is a Saturday, Sunday or an official holiday of the Republic of Latvia, payments shall be made on the following working day.
14. Payments for the services provided by Riga Airport to charter carriers shall be performed after landing in the territory of Latvia with the intermediation of a payment service provider authorised to provide payment services in accordance with the Law On Payment Services and Electronic Money if not otherwise provided in the agreement.
15. A fine for late payment in the amount of 0.05 per cent from the principal debt not paid in due time for each day of delay shall be applied to payment delay.
16. The charge referred to in Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 of this Regulation shall be used to cover the costs of Riga Airport relating to aircraft take-off and landing, standing of aircrafts in the operative parking place and servicing of passengers, as well as to develop the infrastructure necessary for the provision of such services.
17. Cabinet Regulation No. 29 of 3 January 2012, Regulations Regarding Charges of the Aerodrome Services Provided by the State Stock Company Riga International Airport (Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2012, No. 5), is repealed.
Prime Minister V. Dombrovskis
Minister for Transport A. Matīss
Translation © 2014 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)