Agreement on Mutual Abolishing of Visa Requirements for Holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports between the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Croatia
The Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Croatia (hereinafter: Contracting Parties), with a view to promote friendly relations between the two countries and facilitate the travel of their citizens, have agreed as follows:
Citizens of either Contracting Party who are holders of a valid diplomatic or service passport shall not be required to obtain a visa to enter, leave, transit through or stay on the territory of the other Contracting Party for a period not exceeding 90 days during one calendar year.
Citizens of either Contracting Party who are holders of a valid diplomatic or service passport and are members of a diplomatic mission, consular post or an international organization on the territory of the other Contracting Party, as well as their family members who live with them in the same household and are holders of a valid diplomatic or service passport, may enter, stay in and leave the territory of the other Contracting Party without a visa during the period of the assignment.
Citizens of the Contracting Parties from Articles 1 and 2 may enter or leave the territory of the other Contracting Party at any border crossing point open for international passenger traffic, provided that they meet the requirements of laws and regulations of that Contracting Party governing the entry, movement and sojourn of foreigners.
The Contracting Parties shall inform each other immediately on any changes in their respective laws and regulations governing the entry, movement and sojourn of foreigners.
This Agreement does not affect the obligation of nationals of either Contracting Party to abide by the laws and regulations currently in force in the territory of the other Contracting Party.
1. This Agreement does not affect the right of the competent authorities of the Contracting Parties to refuse permission to enter or stay to holders of a diplomatic or service passport of the other Contracting Party from Articles 1 and 2 if they consider the undesirable or a "persona non grata".
2. Each Contracting Party shall at any time admit to its territory any of its own citizens.
1. The Contracting Parties shall convey to each other, through diplomatic channels, specimens of valid diplomatic and service passports at least 30 days prior to entry into force of this Agreement.
2. In case of introduction of new diplomatic or service passports or modification of the existing ones, the Contracting Parties, shall convey to each other, through diplomatic channels, their specimens, at least 30 days prior to their application.
1. This Agreement has been concluded for an indefinite period.
2. Each of the Contracting Parties may at any time terminate this Agreement, which is subject to notification through diplomatic channels of the other Contracting Party. In such a case the Agreement shall cease to be in effect ninety (90) days after the other Contracting Party receives the notification thereof.
3. This Agreement shall enter into force on April 1, 1998.
Done at Riga on February 11 1998 in two originals, each in the Latvian, Croatian and English languages, all texts being equally authentic. In case of any divergency, the English text shall prevail.
On behalf of the On behalf of the
Government of the Government of the
Republic of Latvia Republic of Croatia
Entry into force:
Place of signature:Rīga
Cabinet of Ministers
Publication:"Latvijas Vēstnesis", 21, 07.02.2001.