Aptauja ilgs līdz 23. oktobrim.
Procedures for the Development and Utilisation of the National Catalogue
Issued pursuant to
1. These Regulations prescribe the procedures for the development and utilisation of the National Catalogue, as well as the volume of information (hereinafter - bibliographical information) to be included in the Catalogue.
2. The procedures for the provision of bibliographic information shall be the following:
2.1. official local-level libraries shall provide bibliographic information to regional main libraries; and
2.2. official State-level libraries and regional main libraries shall provide bibliographic information to the National Library of Latvia.
3. Bibliographic information shall be provided by:
3.1. libraries that use a computerised data processing system and are connected to the Internet - daily, in the MARC (machine-readable catalogue) format;
3.2. libraries that use a computerised data processing system and are not connected to the Internet:
3.2.1. in Riga - once a week, in the MARC (machine-readable catalogue) format (on a floppy disk); and
3.2.2. elsewhere in Latvia - once in a quarter, in the MARC (machine-readable catalogue) format (on a floppy disk);
3.3. libraries that do not use a computerised data processing system, but are connected to the Internet - daily, by sending a list via e-mail;
3.4. libraries that are equipped with computers:
3.4.1. in Riga - once a week, by submitting a floppy disk with the relevant list;
3.4.2. elsewhere in Latvia - once in a quarter, by submitting a floppy disk with the relevant list; and
3.5. libraries that work by using index-card catalogues;
3.5.1. in Riga - once a month, by submitting the relevant list; and
3.5.2. elsewhere in Latvia - once in a quarter, by submitting the relevant list.
4. The volume of bibliographic information regarding printed publications or other documents, which is to be provided to the National Library of Latvia by all accredited libraries, shall be as follows:
4.1. if the standard (alternative) number is known:
4.1.1. the International Standard Book Number - ISBN;
4.1.2. the International Standard Serial Number - ISSN;
4.1.3. the International Standard Recording Code - ISRC; and
4.1.4. the International Standard Music Number - ISMN; or
4.2. if the standard (alternative) number is not known:
4.2.1. the author;
4.2.2. the main title;
4.2.3. a general designation of the material;
4.2.4. publication information;
4.2.5. the place of publication (distribution);
4.2.6. the publisher (distributor);
4.2.7. the date of publication (distribution);
4.2.8. the publishing language of the publication;
4.2.9. the publishing state; and
4.2.10. the Universal Decimal Classification index.
5. A logogram - a short, conditional designation, which indicates the library in which the relevant printed publication or other document is located - shall be attached to each bibliographic entry in the National Catalogue.
6. The National Catalogue shall include:
6.1. the National Bibliography Catalogue;
6.2. a catalogue of monographs;
6.3. a catalogue of serial publications;
6.4. a catalogue of music publications;
6.5. a catalogue of sound recordings;
6.6. a catalogue of rare publications;
6.7. a catalogue of graphic productions; and
6.8. a cartographic catalogue.
7. The National Library of Latvia shall enter into a bilateral agreement with each library that participates in the development of the National Catalogue, that the library shall observe the requirements specified in the standards for library work approved by the Latvian National Standardisation and Metrology Centre, as well as provide on a regular basis and free of charge the necessary bibliographic information regarding the printed publications or other documents received in the library collection and regarding changes in the library collection .
8. Every user of a library - a legal or a natural person - has the right to use the National Catalogue free of charge.
9. The development and maintenance of the National Catalogue shall be financed within the framework of the State budget resources allocated to the Ministry of Culture.
Acting for the Prime Minister,
Minister for Culture K. Pētersone
Translation © 2005 Tulkošanas un terminoloģijas centrs (Translation and Terminology Centre)
Title: Nacionālā kopkataloga veidošanas un izmantošanas kārtība Status: