Recommendations for the Prophylaxis of COVID-19 infection
Issued pursuant to
1. These Recommendations prescribe the basic principles of the precautionary measures for the containment of COVID-19 infection when providing public services or organising private events in public premises or places, or public events (hereinafter - the events).
2. These Recommendations aim to facilitate the containment of the spread of COVID-19 infection, taking into account responsible behaviour of each person in the implementation of the precautionary measures.
3. Basic principles of the containment of COVID-19 infection are:
3.1. provision of information;
3.4. monitoring the health condition of persons.
4. In order to effectively implement the basic principles referred to in Paragraph 3 of these Recommendations upon introducing the precautionary measures, the service provider or organiser of an event shall evaluate the following risks in each specific place and case:
4.1. possibility to maintain the 2-meter distance;
4.2. time when the service is provided or the event takes place;
4.3. conditions at the place where the service is provided or the event takes place;
4.4. the number and health condition of the persons involved in the provision of the service or in the event.
5. When introducing such precautionary measures which are based on the basic principles referred to in Paragraph 3 of these Recommendations, the service provider or organiser of an event shall also comply with the restrictions related to the provision of a service or organisation of an event in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations.
6. In order to ensure the provision of information, at least the following information regarding the precautionary measures shall be posted up in a location visible both to employees and visitors at the place where the service is provided or event is organised:
6.1. warning that persons for whom self-isolation, home quarantine or strict isolation has been determined or who have signs of respiratory infection may not be at the place where the service is provided or event is organised;
6.2. warning that a 2-meter distance must be maintained;
6.3. correct hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene.
7. At least the following precautionary measures shall be introduced to ensure distancing:
7.1. wherever it is possible the physical 2-meter distance is ensured both between an employee and a visitor and between employees (for example, by marking on ground the place or space intended for one person, placing chairs which are intended for customers at the respective distance, organising visitors according to registration and offering visitors to wait for their turn outside of the premises, etc.);
7.2. where the physical 2-meter distance cannot be ensured, a barrier is made between the visitor and employee (for example, a temporary glass or plastic wall, employees use plastic faceshield or employees and visitors use face masks);
7.3. control of the flow of people in order to prevent crowding (for example, near entrances, exits, restrooms, etc.);
7.4. gathering of employees outside the time when work duties are performed is limited, including during coffee breaks, lunch breaks, etc.;
7.5. to the extent possible, the use of remote services (for example, application for a service remotely, ticket selling online, etc.) and remote fulfilment of work duties is promoted;
7.6. when providing a public service, the time spent for the service shall be reduced as far as possible, including without asking the visitor to be by the employee if the presence of the visitor is not necessary for the whole duration of the service provision;
7.7. when organising events, the duration of the event is limited, and the possibility to omit breaks during the event is being evaluated, and a shared placed for drinks and snacks is not organised.
8. At least the following precautionary measures shall be introduced to ensure hygiene:
8.1. possibility to perform hygiene both for employees and visitors (providing warm water, liquid soaps and means for drying hands or alcohol (at least 70 % ethanol));
8.2. number of jointly used surfaces and objects is reduced (for example, touch-screen displays, computers, keyboards, mouses, papers, etc.);
8.3. to the extent possible, the transfer of devices and workpieces, including stationery, from one person to another shall be reduced;
8.4. regular cleaning and disinfection of premises and surfaces, including, equipment is ensured, paying special attention to the surfaces and objects with which people frequently come into contact (for example, door handles, surfaces of tables, arms of chairs, surfaces in restrooms, faucets, etc.);
8.5. regular ventilation of premises is ensured;
8.6. to the extent possible, cashless payments are used.
9. At least the following precautionary measures shall be introduced for the monitoring of the health condition of a person:
9.1. special precautionary measures are ensured when involving persons above 65 years of age, persons with chronic diseases (chronic respiratory diseases, diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular system diseases), and also person with immuno-deficiency in the receipt or provision of a service or the course of an event;
9.2. persons with signs of an acute respiratory disease or persons for whom self-isolation, home quarantine or strict isolation is detect are not present at a work place;
9.3. as far as possible, registration of visitors is ensured so that contact persons could be identified and warned in case of an infection with COVID-19.
10. The Recommendation shall enter into effect on the day after its publication in the official gazette Latvijas Vēstnesis.
Minister for Health I. Viņķele
Translation © 2020 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)