Regarding the Determination of a Quarantine Regimen
Issued pursuant to
Due to the fact that the competent institutions of Lithuania did not let in Lithuania the nationals of Bulgaria travelling in transit from Finland, Estonia, and Latvia for one of whom a positive COVID-19 diagnosis was confirmed in a laboratory and taking into account the fact that the abovementioned persons do not have a declared place of residence in Latvia, therefore, a future risk of spreading the infection in the community is increased, the following shall be determined in accordance with Section 55, Clause 2, Section 62, Paragraph two, Clause 1, Section 63, Paragraph one, Clause 2 of the Administrative Procedure Law, Section 36, Paragraphs one, two, and three of the Epidemiological Safety Law:
1. The quarantine regimen shall be determined for the place of stay of foreigners in the premises and territory of the former Mežotne boarding secondary school in Bauska municipality, Mežotne rural territory, locality Garoza (hereinafter - the place of stay).
2. The following counter-epidemic measures shall be determined at the place of stay:
2.1. the foreigners staying at the place of stay shall be prohibited from leaving it;
2.2. new foreigners may be placed in the place of stay only upon coordination with the commission for the coordination of quarantine measures and in compliance with the counter-epidemic measures stipulated by the abovementioned commission;
2.3. it shall be prohibited for third persons to enter the place of stay, except for the provision of emergency medical assistance, for the performance of duties of the State Police and municipal police, and the State Border Guard, and for the supply of food and basic necessities (avoiding contact with the supplier as much as possible). In other cases the arrival of third persons shall be coordinated with the commission for the coordination of quarantine measures;
2.4. the State Police shall ensure the delimitation, guarding of the place of stay and the maintenance of public order;
2.5. if the foreigner referred to in Paragraph 2.1 of this Order has arbitrarily left the place of stay, the territorial unit of the State Police authority shall be involved to ensure the return of the person to the place of stay;
2.6. it shall be ensured that at least two-metre distance is maintained between persons;
2.7. the health condition of foreigners shall be observed by measuring body temperature twice a day (in the morning and in the evening) and, if any signs of acute respiratory infection (cough, fever, shortness of breath) occur, the number 8303 must be called without delay;
2.8. when participating in the performance of counter-epidemic measures, the police officers and other officials shall comply with the required personal protection measures which are determined by the epidemiologist of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control;
2.9. the Ministry of Health shall provide the police officers and other persons involved in the implementation of the counter-epidemic measures specified in this Paragraph with personal protective equipment.
3. The commission for the coordination of quarantine measures shall be established in the following composition:
Manager of the commission:
Ilona Liskova - Deputy Director of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control on Development and Epidemiological Safety Issues;
Deputy manager of the commission:
Ilze Grolle - Head of the Department of Disaster Medicine Preparedness Planning and Coordination of the State Emergency Medical Service;
Members of the Commission:
Ilona Drišļuka - Head of the Public Health Control Division of the Public Health Department of the Health Inspectorate;
Jana Feldmane - Head of the Environmental Health Division of the Department of Public Health of the Ministry of Health;
Zigurds Kalējs - Governor of Mežotne rural territory of Bauska municipality;
Andris Zellis - Chief of Zemgale Region Administration of the State Police.
4. Persons who are affected by the obligations determined by this Order shall cooperate and ensure, without delay, the epidemiologists of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control with the possibility to conduct surveillance and other necessary measures at the place of stay specified in Paragraph 1 of this Order.
5. The local government of Bauska municipality shall be determined as the competent institution for organising and performing the preventive and counter-epidemic measures stipulated by the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control at the place of stay.
6. The Order shall enter into effect on the day following publication thereof in the official gazette Latvijas Vēstnesis.
Minister for Health I. Viņķele
Translation © 2020 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Par karantīnas režīma noteikšanu Status:
No longer in force