The translation of this document is outdated.
Translation validity: 01.10.2019.–30.06.2021.
Amendments not included: 29.06.2021.
Price List of the Consular Remuneration of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Procedures for the Collection of the Consular Remuneration and State Fees
Issued pursuant to
1. The Regulation prescribes the objects of the consular remuneration in diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Latvia in foreign countries (hereinafter - the mission) and in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereinafter - the Department) and the amount, as well as the procedures for paying the State fee and consular remuneration, exemptions, payment currency, collection conditions, and the procedures for converting the amount of the payment into a foreign currency.
2. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall carry out the consular functions which are the object of the consular remuneration according to the price list (Annex).
3. A person shall make the payment of the consular remuneration and State fee for carrying out of consular functions in the mission and the Department using the following types of payment services:
3.1. by a payment card in a payment card acceptance terminal or another alternative system if it is technically provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or intermediary institution;
3.2. with the intermediation of such provider of payment services which has the right to provide payment services within the meaning of the Law on Payment Services and Electronic Money;
3.3. at the mission in cash or by using the types of payments according to the specific nature of the country of residence for the settlement of accounts (for example, money cheques). Collection of revenue in cash shall take place only in the exceptional case stipulated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs if due to the specific nature of the country of residence it is not possible to ensure completely the collection of revenue in the form specified in Subparagraphs 3.1 and 3.2 of this Regulation.
4. The State fee and consular remuneration shall be collected in euros. In the exceptional case stipulated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the State fee and consular remuneration may be collected in a foreign currency. The amount of the State fee and consular remuneration in a foreign currency shall be determined once in a quarter according to the average levelised euro exchange reference rate of the previous quarter published by the European Central Bank. The sum to be collected in a foreign currency shall be rounded up to a whole number or with accuracy up to 5, 10, 50 or 100 currency units according to the specific nature of the currency to be used.
5. The Director of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or an official authorised by him or her, on the basis of a substantiated application of a person, may take the decision to exempt the person from the payment of the consular remuneration in accordance with the international treaties binding on the Republic of Latvia, in the interest of the State or due to human considerations.
6. Cabinet Regulation No. 1032 of 1 October 2013, Price List of the Paid Consular Services Provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2013, No. 197; 2015, No. 152; 2016, No. 154; 2017, No. 254), is repealed.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Minister for Foreign Affairs Edgars Rinkēvičs
Price List of the Consular Remuneration of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
[24 September 2019]
1 The value added tax shall not be applied in accordance with Section 3, Paragraph eight of the Value Added Tax Law.
2 In accordance with the rate approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs according to the postal costs of the country of residence but not less than EUR 10 per delivery.
3 In accordance with the rate approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs according to the postal costs of the country of residence but not less than EUR 20 per delivery.
Translation © 2021 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Ārlietu ministrijas konsulārās atlīdzības cenrādis un kārtība, kādā tiek iekasēta konsulārā .. Status: