Procedures for Accounting, Quality Control and Provision of State Administration Services
I. General Provisions
1. This Regulation prescribes the procedures for accounting, quality control and provision of State administration services and also the procedures for maintaining the catalogue of State administration services (hereinafter - the catalogue of services) and information to be included therein.
2. Terms used in this Regulation:
2.1. State administration service (hereinafter - the service) - a set of consecutive actions which provides a benefit or is mandatory to a private individual and which is provided by the State administration service holder while exercising the State administration functions in accordance with external laws and regulations or in accordance with delegated tasks of State administration;
2.2. State administration service holder (hereinafter - the service holder) - an institution of State administration or another legal subject in which competence is to ensure the service;
2.3. State administration service provider (hereinafter - the service provider) - the service holder or an authorised legal subject thereof which ensures either entire or partial performance of the service or a stage of the service (request, execution and receipt of the service results) in the competence of the service holder;
2.4. customer of State administration (hereinafter - the customer) - a private individual entitled to receive the service.
3. The requirements laid down in this Regulation shall be applied:
3.1. when designing a legal framework of the specific service;
3.2. when implementing the activities required for accounting, quality control and provision of the service;
3.3. when assessing the quality of work of the service provider.
II. Procedures for Accounting the Services and Description of Services in the Catalogue of Services
4. The service management which in conformity with the competence is performed by the service holder shall include the following actions:
4.1. identification of services;
4.2. approval of the list of services;
4.3. description of services and updating in the catalogue of services;
4.4. determination of the service performance indicators and accounting thereof;
4.5. ensuring the provision of services;
4.6. supervision of the service quality control;
4.7. improvement of services.
5. The service holder shall approve the list of services in the competence thereof and shall insert the lists of services in the catalogue of services.
6. The catalogue of services is a component of the State information system integrator which ensures a joint working environment to the service holder for the purpose of describing and accounting the services.
7. A contact person of the service holder (hereinafter - the contact person) shall insert the service description and update the service in the catalogue of services in compliance with the laws and regulations regarding the State information system integrator. The service holder shall be responsible for the accuracy of information and timely placement thereof in the catalogue of services.
8. A service identifier shall be assigned automatically to a service registered in the catalogue of services.
9. The service holder shall include at least the following up-to-date information on the service in the catalogue of services:
9.1. the name of the service and a brief description thereof and also, where applicable, payments to be settled for the receipt of the service;
9.2. the service provider and contact details thereof;
9.3. the documents necessary for requesting the service and forms to be used, inserting indications thereto or links to the relevant online sample forms;
9.4. the actions and conditions necessary for requesting and receiving the service and also information on all service request and receipt channels and working hours of the service provider;
9.5. the legal framework and information on the procedures by which the conduct of an institution can be contested and appealed;
9.6. State administration functions or functions for the exercising of which the service is provided in conformity with the Classification of the Functions of Government (COFOG) elaborated by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development;
9.7. the range of customers (any, natural person, legal person);
9.8. the territorial coverage of the service.
10. The service holder shall verify the information on the services which are in the scope of competence thereof once in a quarter and in case of non-conformities shall immediately update such information. If the information included in the description of the service published in the catalogue of services has become obsolete due to any alterations in the legal framework, the contact person shall ensure conformity of the description of the service with the legal framework concurrently with the entry into force of the respective alterations.
11. The catalogue of services shall comprise a publicly accessible application programming interface which ensures:
11.1. data transmission to the websites or information systems of the institutions of State administration and third parties;
11.2. receipt of the information referred to in Paragraph 9 of this Regulation from the website or information systems of an institution of State administration provided that the technologies used on the website of the institution of State administration ensure automated circulation of information.
12. The functionality of the catalogue of services ensures automated control of the content quality of the catalogue of services.
III. Procedures for the Provision of Services
13. The service holder can transfer any of the stages of the provision of the service or the provision of the entire service to the service provider by ensuring training of the service provider, monitoring of the activities and methodological guidance thereof.
14. If a stage of the provision of the service or the provision of the entire service is transferred to the service provider, the service provider shall:
14.1. ensure the provision of the service or a stage thereof in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations;
14.2. ensure the fulfilment of the tasks under the responsibility thereof in conformity with the requirement set forth by the service holder;
14.3. provide proposals to the service holder for the improvement of the service and information on topical issues related to the provision of the service;
14.4. participate in the trainings organised by the service holder;
14.5. take into account the instructions of the service holder in respect of the provision of the specific service.
15. If all services of the service holder are covered by municipal, regional or national level unified customer service centre, the relevant service holder shall not exercise the customer service function in the administrative territory where the relevant municipal, regional or national level unified customer service centre is located.
16. The service holder shall determine the most appropriate channel for the provision of each service by taking into account:
16.1. accessibility of the service, customer convenience and aspects related to the reduction of the administrative burden;
16.2. the costs related to the provision of the service and economy-related aspects;
16.3. the customer needs;
16.4. the specific characteristics of the process of the provision of the service.
17. The service request and receipt channels shall be divided into on-site and off-site channels. Off-site channels shall be divided into electronic, telephone and post intermediation channels.
18. The service holder and the service provider shall be responsible for the provision of the service by using the selected channel for the provision of the services.
19. The service holder may determine additional performance indicators for each service request and receipt channel that are not referred to in Paragraph 23 of this Regulation.
20. The service holder shall include in its internal regulations at least the following customer service requirements:
20.1. attitude of an employee, when ensuring customer service, by envisaging the preferable action by an employee to prevent the negative consequences caused by the committed error and the duty of the employee to inform the customer on his or her rights to submit a complaint;
20.2. procedures by which information is provided to the customer by envisaging action if the provision of the relevant information is not within the scope of the competence of the employee and also action if the request for information is complicated, time-consuming or extensive;
20.3. compliance with the principle of equal treatment and discrimination prohibition principle;
20.4. impartial decision-making based on facts and distancing oneself from personal interests and influence of third parties;
20.5. interaction of the employee with colleagues and efficient use of the knowledge and experience while providing the service.
21. The service provider, where necessary, shall ensure a multi-level communication process with the customer. In the communication process:
21.1. employees who provide the information on a wide range of services shall accept service requests and provide service results;
21.2. employees who deal with non-standard situations shall examine complaints.
IV. Procedures for the Quality Control of Services
22. Accounting, provision and quality control of services shall be provided by a service provision and management platform. The service provision and management platform is a State information system and the State Regional Development Agency (hereinafter - the Agency) shall be the manager thereof.
23. The service holder shall ensure accounting at least the following service performance indicators:
23.1. the number of the cases of applied services in respect of a specific service;
23.2. the channel used for each specific service application;
23.3. the number of delays in performance of services in respect of a specific service;
23.4. the number of complaints in respect of a specific service.
24. The service holder shall publish the performance results of the indicators referred to in Paragraph 23 of this Regulation by 1 April of the year following the reporting year on the platform for the provision and management of services.
25. The service holder, when considering the results of service performance indicators, shall evaluate the efficiency of the provision of the service by 1 April of the year following the reporting year.
26. The service holder shall include in its internal regulations at least the following instructions on the measures for the improvement of services:
26.1. the adjustments to the list of the services to be provided;
26.2. the activities to be implemented for the improvement of the service provision efficiency;
26.3. the activities planned for improving the service accessibility in order to reduce the administrative burden of the customer.
27. The holder of the service shall carry out a consumer satisfaction survey at least once every three years and the results thereof shall be published on the official website of the service holder within three months after the survey.
28. The Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development shall provide methodological guidance in relation to the service management and is entitled to request the information referred to in Paragraphs 23 and 25 of this Regulation from the service holder.
29. The Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development shall inform the Cabinet on the planned and implemented measures intended for the improvement of the provision of services.
V. Closing Provisions
30. Paragraphs 11 and 24 of this Regulation shall come into force on 1 January 2020.
31. The fulfilment of the requirements contained in Paragraphs 9 and 23 of this Regulation shall be ensured by the service holder (except for derived public persons) by 1 February 2018, whereas by the service holder- - a derived public person - by 1 July 2018.
32. The initial preparation of the information referred to in Paragraph 25 of this Regulation by the service holder shall be ensured by 1 April 2019.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Acting for the Minister for Environmental
Translation © 2018 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Valsts pārvaldes pakalpojumu uzskaites, kvalitātes kontroles un sniegšanas kārtība Status: