Regulations Regarding the State Duty for the Temporary Exportation of Cultural Monuments, Including State-owned Antiquities, and the Complete Exportation and Temporary Exportation of Art and Antique Articles from Latvia
Issued pursuant to
1. This Regulation prescribes the amount of the State duty for issuing a permit (hereinafter - the permit) of the State Inspection for Heritage Protection (hereinafter - the Inspection) for the temporary exportation of cultural monuments, including State-owned antiquities, from the Republic of Latvia and the temporary exportation or complete exportation of art and antique articles (hereinafter - the cultural object) from the Republic of Latvia, the procedures for the payment of the State duty and also the State duty reliefs and exemptions from the payment of the State duty.
2. The payment of the State duty for issuing the permit shall be transferred to the revenue account of the State basic budget at the Treasury.
3. The amount of the State duty for issuing the permit shall be as follows:
3.1. for the inspection permit, when conducting an expert-examination, verification of the legal origin of the cultural object and on-site inspection - 45.50 euros;
3.2. for the inspection permit, when conducting an expert-examination, verification of the legal origin of the cultural object and inspection - 37.53 euros;
3.3. for a repeated inspection permit, when conducting an expert-examination, verification of the legal origin of the cultural object and inspection - 14.74 euros;
4. State and local government institutions shall be exempted from the payment of the State duty if temporary exportation of cultural objects from the Republic of Latvia is necessary for a representative purpose and within the scope of co-operation in the field of education and culture.
5. Politically repressed persons, persons with a Group I and II disability and persons who have been granted the status of a person in need or with low income shall pay the State duty for issuing the permit in the amount of 50 % from the amount of the State duty indicated in Paragraph 3 of this Regulation if temporary exportation of cultural objects from the Republic of Latvia is necessary for personal needs.
6. The State duty payments shall be made by a person prior to requesting the permit by using the following payment services:
6.1. through the mediation of a payment service provider who has the right to provide payment services within the meaning of the Law on Payment Services and Electronic Money;
6.2. in cash at the cashier's office of the Inspection;
6.3.-at the Inspection with a payment card at the payment card acceptance terminal or in another alternative system if the Inspection or intermediary institution ensures this technically.
7. If a person makes the State duty payment through the mediation of a payment service provider, the Inspection shall issue the permit only after receipt of the amount of the State duty payment in the revenue account of the State basic budget at the Treasury.
8. If a decision to refuse to issue the permit is taken, the State duty shall not be redeemed.
9. The Inspection shall ensure the accounting of the issued permits, compilation of information and submission thereof to the Ministry of Culture.
10. This Regulation shall come into force on 1 January 2017.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Minister for Culture Dace Melbārde
Translation © 2017 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Noteikumi par valsts nodevu par kultūras pieminekļu, tajā skaitā valstij piederošo senlietu, pagaidu .. Status: