Regulations Regarding the Amount of and Procedures for Covering the Subsistence and Daily Allowance of an Asylum Seeker
Issued pursuant to
1. This Regulation prescribes the amount of and procedures for covering the subsistence and daily allowance of an asylum seeker accommodated at the accommodation centre for asylum seekers (hereinafter - the centre) of the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (hereinafter - the Office).
2. The amount of the subsistence and daily allowance shall be EUR 3.00 a day (hereinafter - the funds).
3. To receive the funds, an asylum seeker shall submit an application to the Office, wherein he or she informs regarding the funds at the disposal thereof, and present a valid personal document of an asylum seeker.
4. An employee authorised by the Head of the Office (hereinafter - the employee) shall adopt a decision on the allocation of the funds or rejection to allocate them, if an asylum seeker has sufficient funds, within two working days after the receipt of the application referred to in Paragraph 3 of this Regulation.
5. The employee shall pay the funds to an asylum seeker once a week in the form of pre-payment (for seven days). To receive the funds, an asylum seeker shall present a valid personal document of an asylum seeker.
6. The employee shall pay the funds intended for an asylum seeker who has not attained 18 years of age and stays at the centre to the following:
6.1. his or her family member of legal age;
6.2. a legal representative of an unaccompanied minor.
7. If an asylum seeker has left the centre without the permission of the employee for a period exceeding 48 hours, the employee has the right, in assessing the actual circumstances of absence of the asylum seeker, to adopt a decision to not pay the funds for the period of absence of the asylum seeker.
8. An asylum seeker has the right to contest the decision referred to in Paragraph 4 and 7 of this Regulation by submitting a relevant application to the Head of the Office within one month from the day when the decision has entered into effect.
9. Cabinet Regulation No. 24 of 12 January 2010 "Regulations regarding the Amount of Expenses for the Purchase of Subsistence, Hygiene and Basic Necessities for Asylum Seekers and the Procedures for Covering these Expenses" (Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2010, No. 8; 2013, No. 153) is repealed.
Informative Reference to European Union Directives
This Regulation contains legal norms arising from Directive 2013/33/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 laying down standards for the reception of applicants for international protection.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Minister for the Interior Rihards Kozlovskis
Translation © 2017 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Noteikumi par patvēruma meklētāja uzturam un dienasnaudas izmaksai paredzēto izdevumu apmēru un .. Status: