Procedures for Covering Expenses of a Local Government from the State Budget Funds for Accommodating Minor Asylum Seekers
Issued pursuant to
1. This Regulation prescribes the procedures by which the Ministry of Welfare (hereinafter - the Ministry) shall cover expenses of a local government from the State budget funds for accommodating an unaccompanied minor asylum seeker at a child care institution or in a foster family.
2. A local government shall, until the fifteenth date of the month following the reporting quarter, submit a request to the Ministry to cover expenses of the local government in the previous quarter for accommodating an unaccompanied minor asylum seeker (hereinafter - the minor person) at a child care institution or in a foster family (Annex).
3. When submitting the request referred to in Paragraph 2 of this Regulation for the first time, a local government shall append a copy of the decision of the Orphan's and Custody Court thereto regarding placement of the minor at a child care institution or in a foster family.
4. Upon receipt of the request referred to in Paragraph 2 of this Regulation, the Ministry shall request and the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs shall provide information regarding conformity of the minor with the status of an unaccompanied minor asylum seeker.
5. If the minor has reached the age of 18 years, the Ministry shall request and the Ministry of Education and Science shall, on the basis of the data present in the State Education Information System, provide information whether the relevant person has started acquisition of basic education or general secondary education in Latvia and continues it also after attaining the age of 18 years.
6. If the Ministry establishes mistakes in the request referred to in Paragraph 2 of this Regulation, it shall request the local government to adjust the request and re-submit it within five working days.
7. The Ministry shall, within 10 working days after receipt of all the necessary information, examine the calculation regarding financing which is due to the local government in accordance with Section 9, Paragraph eight, nine or ten of the Asylum Law, and take a decision to cover the relevant expenses from the State budget funds by transferring the amounts of money to the account indicated by the local government, or to refuse to cover expenses if the requirements laid down in the Asylum Law, Law on Social Services and Social Assistance or in this Regulation are not conformed to, and indicate the substantiation for such refusal.
8. Cabinet Regulation No. 1580 of 22 December 2009, Regulations Regarding Procedures for Covering Expenses of a Local Government from the State Budget Funds when Accommodating an Unaccompanied Minor at a Child Care Institution, and Amount of such Expenses (Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2009, No. 204; 2013, No. 173), is repealed.
9. The Regulation shall come into force on 1 July 2016.
Prime Minister Māris Kučinskis
Minister for Welfare Jānis Reirs
To the Ministry of Welfare
Request to cover expenses of a local government from the State budget funds for accommodating unaccompanied minor asylum seekers at a child care institution or in a foster family
requests to cover expenses from the State budget funds which incurred for the local government in the ____ quarter of 20____ when accommodating:
the following unaccompanied minor asylum seekers (hereinafter - the minors):
the following minors:
Details of the local government of the municipality/city:
Note. The details of the document "signature" and "date" shall not be completed if the electronic document has been prepared in accordance with the laws and regulations regarding drawing up of electronic documents.
Minister for Welfare Jānis Reirs
Translation © 2017 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Kārtība, kādā no valsts budžeta līdzekļiem sedz pašvaldības izdevumus par nepilngadīgu patvēruma .. Status: