The translation of this document is outdated.
Translation validity: 31.03.2012.–31.12.2013.
Amendments not included: 29.10.2013.
Regulations Regarding State Fee for the Issue of Return Certificates and Emergency Travel Documents
Issued pursuant to
1. This Regulation prescribes the amount of the State fee for the issue of a return certificate and an emergency travel document (hereinafter - State fee), the procedures for payment of the State fee, as well as reliefs and exemptions from the State fee.
2. The State fee shall be paid in the following amount:
2.1. for the issue of a return certificate or an emergency travel document - 10 lats;
2.2. for the issue of a return certificate or an emergency travel document to a child up to 15 years of age - five lats.
3. If the State fee at a diplomatic or consular representation of the Republic of Latvia (hereinafter - representation) is collected in a foreign currency, the equivalent of the State fee rate shall be determined in the relevant currency in accordance with Cabinet regulations regarding the amount of the State fee and payment for consular services in lats and foreign currency.
4. The State fee shall be paid before the issue of a return certificate or an emergency travel document.
5. If a person does not have the necessary financial resources for receipt of a return certificate, it shall pay the State fee before receipt of a new personal identification document.
6. A person shall perform payments of the State fee into the State budget:
6.1. at the representation in cash or using types of payment according to the specificity of settlement of accounts of the state of residence (for example, money cheques);
6.2. with the intermediation of a payment service provider who has the right to provide payment services within the meaning of the Law On Payment Services and Electronic Money;
6.3. at the representation with a payment card in a payment card acceptance terminal or another alternative system, if it is ensured by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or an intermediary institution by technical means.
7. If a person performs payment of the State fee with the intermediation of a payment service provider, the representation shall issue a return certificate or an emergency travel document after transfer of the payment sum of the State fee to the relevant revenue account of the State basic budget in the Treasury or to the account of the representation.
8. If a person performs payment of the State fee with a payment card in a payment card acceptance terminal or another alternative system, the representation shall issue a return certificate or an emergency travel document after approval of the payment card transaction.
9. Exemption from payment of the State fee may be granted in accordance with the international treaties binding to the Republic of Latvia, in the State interests or due to reasons of humanitarian nature on the basis of a reasoned submission of a person. The director of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or his or her authorised person shall take a decision on exemption from payment of the State fee within one working day from the day when an opinion on the issue of a return certificate or an emergency travel document has been received from the competent authority of the state of citizenship of the person, which is responsible for identification of the person.
Prime Minister V. Dombrovskis
Acting for the Minister of Foreign
Translation © 2012 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Noteikumi par valsts nodevu par atgriešanās apliecības un pagaidu ceļošanas dokumenta izsniegšanu Status: