Regulations Regarding the State Fee for the Legalisation of a Public Document
1. This Regulation prescribes the amount of the State fee for the legalisation of a public document and the procedures for payment of the State fee.
2. The State fee for the legalisation of a public document (hereinafter - State fee) shall be LVL 10.
3. If the State fee is collected at a diplomatic or consular representation of the Republic of Latvia (hereinafter - representation) in the relevant foreign currency, the equivalent rate of the State fee shall be determined in the relevant foreign currency in accordance with the Cabinet regulations regarding the amount of the State fee and payment for consular services in lats and in foreign currency.
4. A person shall perform payments of the State fee into the State budget:
4.1. at a representation in cash or using payment methods in accordance with the settlement specifics (for example, money cheques) of the country of residence;
4.2. via such payment service provider who has the right to provide payment services within the meaning of the Law On Payment Services and Electronic Money;
4.3. with a payment card at a payment card acceptance terminal or in another alternative system at the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia (hereinafter - Department) or a representation, if the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia or intermediate body ensures it technically.
5. If a person performs payments of the State fee via payment service provider, the Department or representation shall issue a legalised public document after amount of the State fee payment has been transferred to the relevant State budget account of the Treasury or the account of the representation.
6. If a person performs payment of the State fee at the Department or representation with a payment card at a payment card acceptance terminal or in another alternative system, the Department or representation shall issue a legalised public document after the payment card transaction has been approved.
7. If a decision on refusal to perform the legalisation of a public document has been taken, the State fee shall not be repaid.
8. Exemption from payment of the State fee shall be made in accordance with the international agreements binding on the Republic of Latvia, in the State interests or due to humanitarian considerations on the basis of a reasoned submission of a person. A decision on exemption from payment of the State fee shall be taken by the Director of the Department or his or her authorised official.
9. Cabinet Regulation No. 64 of 27 January 2009, Regulations Regarding the State Fee for the Legalisation of Public Documents (Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2009, No. 17) is repealed.
10. This Regulation shall come into force on 1 April 2012.
Prime Minister V. Dombrovskis
Acting for the Minister for Foreign
Translation © 2012 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Noteikumi par valsts nodevu par publiska dokumenta legalizāciju Status:
No longer in force