Regulations Regarding the State Fee for the Registration of Food Supplements
Issued pursuant to
1. This Regulation prescribes the amount of the State fee for the registration of food supplements and the procedures for the payment of the State fee.
2. The amount of the State fee shall be as follows:
2.1. for the registration of a food supplement manufactured in the States of the European Economic Area - 125.00 euros;
2.2. for the registration of a food supplement manufactured outside the States of the European Economic Area, if it has already been notified or placed on the market in any of States of the European Economic Area and information issued by the competent authority of the relevant Member State on the fact that a food supplement produced in the third country has been distributed in any of the Member States of the European Economic Area, or a print-out from a publicly accessible register, list or database of food supplements of such Member State confirming this fact is submitted to the Food and Veterinary Service - 210.00 euros;
2.3. for the first time registration of a food supplement manufactured outside the States of the European Economic Area - 380.00 euros;
2.4. for the registration of each additional food supplement with different organoleptic properties (for example, taste, odour) - 35.00 euros;
2.5. for the registration of changes to a food supplement existing in the register of food supplements:
2.5.1. upon changing the form of preparation, size of the unit of pre-packaging, recommended daily dose, ingredients or amount of ingredients - 100.00 euros;
2.5.2. upon making changes to the labelling or other information attached (for example, in the instructions for use), if they are not related to the variations referred to in Sub-paragraph 2.5.1 of this Regulation - 50.00 euros.
[2 February 2016]
3. The State fee shall be paid prior to the registration of the food supplement.
4. The State fee shall be paid in one of the following ways:
4.1. at the Food and Veterinary Service, using a payment card;
4.2. through the intermediation of the payment institution within the meaning of the Law on Payment Services which has the right to provide payment services (hereinafter - the credit institution).
5. If the payment is made in the credit institution, the person shall indicate the name of the relevant food supplement in the field where the purpose of payment is indicated.
[2 February 2016]
6. [2 February 2016]
7. The State fee shall be transferred into the State basic budget.
8. This Regulation shall come into force on 1 January 2011.
Prime Minister, Minister for Regional
Acting for the Minister of Agriculture
Translation © 2017 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)