Regulations Regarding the Sanitary Maintenance of a Residential House
Issued pursuant to
I. General Provisions
1. This Regulation prescribes the requirements for sanitary maintenance in an apartment residential house (hereinafter - residential house).
2. The administrator of a residential house shall ensure the implementation of the requirements for sanitary maintenance in a residential house in order to prevent the risk of threat.
3. The administrator of a residential house has a duty to provide owners of the residential house and other persons living in the residential house on a legal basis (hereinafter - other persons living in the house) with information regarding the administrator of the residential house. The given name, surname and contact information of the person whom owners of the residential house or other persons living in the house may address when establishing a threat in the residential house, shall be indicated in the information.
II. Maintenance of the Territory of a Residential House (Land Belonging to the Residential House or Land Attached to the Residential House)
4. Cleanup work of the territory shall be performed in accordance with the procedures specified in the binding regulations of the local government.
5. The following cleanup work of the territory shall be performed regularly:
5.1. cleaning of sidewalks, paths and driveways;
5.2. lawn mowing in the territory;
5.3. gathering of fallen leaves, withered plants and branches;
5.4. tending of greenery.
6. The following additional cleanup work of the territory shall be regularly performed in the winter season:
6.1. clearing of sidewalks, paths and driveways, also, where necessary, other parts of the territory of snow and ice, scattering of anti-slip materials on sidewalks, paths and driveways;
6.2. clearing of snow and ice (including icicles) from the facade and roof of the building in order to prevent falling of the ice and snow from the roof, cornices, drainpipes, loggias and balconies of the building;
6.3. cordoning-off of areas endangering the safety of pedestrians and vehicles. Measures for the prevention of threats shall be performed in a timely manner, using all possible safety resources.
7. Various environmental pollutants and waste harmful to health and construction waste which causes the risk of poisoning, injury and spread of infectious diseases or are related to dispersion of smells shall be removed from the territory of the residential house, including from premises for common use of the residential house in a timely manner. Other measures required to prevent an increase in the rodent and insect population shall be ensured in a timely manner.
8. Waste management shall be performed in accordance with the regulatory enactments regulating the field of waste management.
9. Waste containers shall not be placed beneath the outdoor air intake sites of the ventilation system. It is recommended that waste containers be situated not closer than 10 metres from the windows of the residential house.
10. If a cesspool, sewage tank intended for taking out or individual wastewater treatment unit is installed in a residential house, the administrator of the residential house has a duty to monitor the condition thereof, ensuring the maintenance of the structures in appropriate technical order and timely removal of the necessary tanks to wastewater treatment units.
11. Cleaning of downpipes, drainpipes and drainage wells shall be regularly performed.
12. Cleaning equipment of a residential house, as well as disinfectant products shall be stored in a specially designated locked place.
13. The administrator of a residential house shall provide the person who performs the sanitary maintenance of the residential house with a water supply point.
III. Maintenance of Premises for Common Use of a Residential House
14. Wet cleaning of stairwells shall be performed at least once a week. In poor weather conditions (for example, increased amount of rainfall) wet cleaning shall be performed more regularly in accordance with the time periods specified by the administrator of the residential house.
15. Windows shall be washed at least once a year.
16. If the administrator of a residential house establishes that the performance of disinfection, disinsectisation or deratisation of the premises for common use of a residential house is required, he or she shall, at least five working days in advance, inform owners of the residential house and other persons living in the house in writing regarding the relevant activities to be performed for prevention of the risk detected.
IV. Sanitary Maintenance of a Residential House Water Supply System
[6 March 2018]
17. The administrator of a residential house has an obligation to ensure continuous hot water exit temperature from heat exchanger which is not less than +55 °C.
[6 March 2018]
18. The administrator of a residential house has an obligation, at least once a quarter, to distribute to the owners of the residential house and other persons living in the house the informative material available on the website of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control about individual preventive measures to be taken in apartment properties in order to control the spread of bacteria Legionella spp.
[6 March 2018]
Prime Minister V. Dombrovskis
Minister for Economics A. Kampars
Translation © 2020 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)