Aptauja ilgs līdz 23. oktobrim.
Regulations Regarding Types of Regulated Public Utilities
1. These Regulations prescribe the types of public utilities in regulated sectors, regulation of which is necessary.
2. In the electricity supply sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
2.1. the production of electricity in generating installations, the installed electric capacity of which is more than one megawatt;
2.2. the production of electricity and thermal energy in cogeneration where the total installed electric capacity of cogeneration equipment is more than one megawatt;
2.3. electricity transmission if the voltage is 110 kilovolts and higher;
2.4. electricity distribution if the voltage is higher than one kilovolt and does not exceed 110 kilovolts; and
2.5. the trade of electricity to any energy user if the total marketing capacity exceeds 4000 megawatt hours per year.
3. In the thermal energy supply sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
3.1. the production of thermal energy in installations with the total installed thermal capacity, which is more than one megawatt;
3.2. the transmission of thermal energy through pipelines, the diameter of which is more than 200 millimetres;
3.3. the distribution of thermal energy to any energy users, if the total amount of trade exceeds 20 000 megawatt hours per year; and
3.4. the trade of thermal energy to any energy users, if the total amount of trade exceeds 20 000 megawatt hours per year.
4. In the natural gas supply sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
4.1. the transmission of natural gas through pipelines;
4.2. the storage of natural gas intended for sale in containers or storage sites;
4.3. the distribution of natural gas; and
4.4. the trade of natural gas to any energy users, except the trade of natural gas in gas filling compression stations for vehicles.
5. In the liquefied gas supply sector it shall be necessary to regulate the distribution of liquefied petroleum gas from surface and underground tanks through pipelines to the inlet in an apartment building.
6. In the electronic communications sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
6.1. voice telephony services;
6.2. public payphone services;
6.3. public data and electronic message transmission services;
6.4. leased line services;
6.5. public Internet access services;
6.6. distribution services of radio or television programmes in public electronic communication networks;
6.7. access services; and
6.8. interconnection services.
7. In the postal sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
7.1. the traditional postal services;
7.2. the courier services;
7.3. the express mail services;
7.4. the delivery services of subscribed press publications; and
7.5. the money order services that are provided using the postal network.
8. In the railway transport sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
8.1. the carriage of passengers by rail; and
8.2. the services provided by the public-use railway infrastructure manager to carriers (usage of railway tracks).
9. In the water management sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
9.1. the abstraction, accumulation and preparation of water for the use until delivery to the water supply network;
9.2. the water supply from the delivery site in the water supply network to the service user;
9.3. the collection and drainage of wastewater to wastewater treatment plants; and
9.4. the wastewater treatment and drainage in surface water bodies.
10. In the waste management sector it shall be necessary to regulate:
10.1. household waste disposal at waste landfill sites and landfills; and
10.2. household waste management (except processing of household waste) in accordance with the Waste Management Law.
11. Cabinet Regulation No. 297 of 3 July 2001, Regulations on Types of Regulated Public Utilities (Latvijas Vēstnesis, 2001, No. 108; 2002, No. 40; 2005, No. 12; 2008, No. 1, 113) is repealed.
Prime Minister V. Dombrovskis
Minister for Economics A. Kampars
Translation © 2010 Valsts valodas centrs (State Language Centre)
Title: Noteikumi par regulējamiem sabiedrisko pakalpojumu veidiem Status: