The translation of this document is outdated.
Translation validity: 15.10.2005.–02.06.2009.
Amendments not included: 26.05.2009.
General Technical Requirements of State Information Systems
Issued pursuant toSection 4, Paragraph two of
1. These Regulations prescribe the general technical requirements of State information systems.
2. The general technical requirements of State information systems (hereinafter - system) shall be observed in the management of system information and technical resources. The management task shall be to ensure:
2.1. the implementation of the system functions specified in regulatory enactments;
2.2. system security and development; and,
2.3. co-operation of the system managers in the integrated State information system.
3. The system manager is responsible for observance of the general technical requirements of the system.
4. The system manager, in relation to the system information resources (software, files (including those that contain information to be saved and processed in the system and accessible to system users) and system documentation) shall observe the following requirements:
4.1. for the creation of an interface for system users, such software shall be utilised that is not attached to specific technical equipment or to a specific operating system;
4.2. the system shall utilise software in accordance with the requirements specified in the software licence;
4.3. the system shall utilise software with which audit trails are performed when registering information regarding events in the system, in order to ensure the opportunity of evaluating their impact on system security;
4.4. the system user interface shall ensure the opportunity of sending and receiving data using platform independent file formats and data transmission protocols; and,
4.5. the system documentation is sufficient in order that the system manager's authorised person may make changes to the system or completely restore system operation.
5. The system manager, using the system technical resources (computers, data carriers, network devices and other technical equipment that ensure system operation), shall observe the following requirements:
5.1. they are utilised according to the requirements specified by the manufacturer;
5.2. they are replaceable with technical resources offered by other manufacturers; and,
5.3. their use shall ensure system security and system operation in an integrated State information system.
6. The system manager shall determine the system information and technical resources according to the regulatory enactments that regulate the circulation and storage of electronic documents.
7. If the system is recognised as a personal data processing system, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law, the system manager shall ensure the implementation of requirements prescribed by these Regulations, insofar as it is not in conflict with the regulatory enactments regarding the obligatory technical and managerial requirements for the protection of a personal data processing system.
8. If, using the system, circulation of such information is ensured, that in accordance with the Law On Official Secrets is recognised as a State secret object, the system manager shall ensure implementation of the requirements specified in these Regulations, insofar as it is not in conflict with the regulatory enactments regarding the protection of State secret objects.
9. If, using the system, circulation of such information is ensured that, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Law is regarded as information for official use, the system manager shall ensure the implementation of the requirements specified in these Regulations, insofar as it is not in conflict with the regulatory enactments regarding the protection of information for official use.
10. The system manager shall ensure the implementation of the requirements specified in these Regulations according to the State budget resources granted for this.
11. Implementation of these Regulations shall be monitored by the Secretariat of Minister for Special Assignments - Electronic Government Affairs.
Prime Minister A. Kalvītis
Minister for Special Assignments -
Translation © 2007 Tulkošanas un terminoloģijas centrs (Translation and Terminology Centre)
Title: Valsts informācijas sistēmu vispārējās tehniskās prasības Status: