Ārlietu ministrijas informācija
Rīgā 2020. gada 4. martā
Par līguma stāšanos spēkā
Ārlietu ministrija informē, ka 2020. gada 26. aprīlī stāsies spēkā Latvijas Republikas valdības un Ēģiptes Arābu Republikas valdības līgums par vīzu prasības atcelšanu diplomātisko pasu turētājiem (parakstīts 2019. gada 17. oktobrī Rīgā, apstiprināts ar Ministru kabineta 2019. gada 15. oktobra noteikumiem Nr. 481).
The Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt, hereinafter referred to as "the Parties",
Desiring to facilitate the entry of holders of diplomatic passports of the Parties,
Have agreed as follows:
1. The citizens of the Republic of Latvia, who are holders of valid diplomatic passports, and the citizens of the Arab Republic of the Egypt, who are holders of valid diplomatic passports, shall be permitted to enter, exit from, transit and stay for a period which does not exceed ninety (90) days in any 180 (one hundred and eighty) day period in the territory of the state of the other Party.
2. The citizens of the Republic of Latvia, assigned to work at the diplomatic, consular mission or international organizations in the territory of the Arab Republic of Egypt, who are holders of valid diplomatic passports, and the citizens of the Arab Republic of Egypt assigned to work at the diplomatic, consular mission or international organizations in the territory of the Republic of Latvia, who are holders of valid diplomatic passports, may enter and stay in the territory of the state of the other Party without visas, for the duration of their assignment.
3. The members of the families of persons referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article, who reside with the latter and hold valid diplomatic passports, may enter the territory of the state of the other Party, and stay without visas for the duration of the assignment of these persons.
All persons referred to in Article 1 of this Agreement, shall cross the borders of the state of the other Party only through the legal crossing-points open to international traffic.
Either Party shall reserve the right to refuse entry or stay to its territory to the citizens of the state of the other Party on grounds of state security, public order, or for public health reasons, as well as the right to shorten or terminate the stay of such person, in accordance with the laws and regulations of the receiving state.
The persons referred to in Article 1 of the present Agreement shall observe and respect the existing laws and regulations of the state of the other Party while staying in its territory.
1. The application of the present Agreement may be provisionally suspended, in whole or part, by either Party, on grounds of state security, public order, or for public health reasons.
2. The Parties shall notify each other without delay through diplomatic channels on the imposed restrictions and on their revocation, immediately as soon as the reasons of suspension cease to exist.
3. The right of the other Party to similarly suspend the application of this Agreement provisionally, in whole or part, during the period of suspension by the first Party, shall not be affected by paragraphs 1 and 2 of this Article.
1. For the purpose of implementation of this Agreement, Parties shall exchange through diplomatic channels specimens of its valid diplomatic passports within thirty (30) days after the date of signing of this Agreement.
2. In case new documents or amendments to existing diplomatic passports are introduced, the Parties shall inform each other accordingly and deliver through diplomatic channels specimens of the new or amended documents at least thirty (30) days prior to the introduction of these new or amended documents.
1. This Agreement shall enter into force on the sixtieth (60th) day after the date of the receipt, through diplomatic channels, of the later notification in which the Parties notify each other about the completion of their internal legal procedures required for the entry into force of this Agreement.
2. Any amendments to this Agreement shall be done in written by mutual consent. These amendments shall enter into force in accordance with paragraph 1 of this Article.
3. This Agreement is valid for an indefinite period of time. Each Party may terminate this Agreement by giving written notification through diplomatic channels to the other Party. In that event, the Agreement shall be terminated after ninety (90) days from the date of receiving the notification of its termination.
4. Any dispute regarding the application or interpretation of this Agreement shall be resolved by negotiations and consultations between the Parties through diplomatic channels.
Done at Riga on 17 October 2019, in two originals, in the Latvian, Arabic and English languages, all texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence in interpretation, the English text shall prevail.
For the Government
For the Government