Agreement on Co-operation in the Field of Education and Science between the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt
The Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of Arab Republic of Egypt, hereinafter referred to as the Parties,
desirous to develop and enhance their friendly relations,
seeking to develop and foster co-operation between both countries in the field of education and science,
considering the membership of the Republic of Latvia in the European Union and the consequent obligations,
have agreed as follows:
(1) The Parties in accordance with the principles of equality and mutual benefit and in accordace with their respective national laws and regulations as well as international law, shall encourage and support co-operation between the educational and scientific institutions of the two countries.
(2) The Parties shall co-operate within the framework of the programmes and initiatives of the European Union.
The Parties shall exchange visits of an educational delegation for the purpose of acquainting each other with education systems of their countries.
The Parties shall facilitate and support establishment of direct contacts and co-operation between institutions of general, vocational and higher education of their countries.
(1) The Parties shall promote direct co-operation between scientific institutions and scientific research centres.
(2) The Parties within this co-operation shall:
(a) encourage exchange of employees and researchers of scientific institutions;
(b) facilitate exchange of scientific publications;
(c) protect copyright and neighbouring rights in the field of science according to internal legal acts of each country;
(d) promote elaboration of joint research projects.
(3) The conditions, tuitions and financial arrangements shall be determined by executive programmes.
The Parties shall promote and facilitate exchange of academic staff, students of higher education institutions and students of vocational education institutions.
The relevant institutions of teh Parties shall exchange experience in the preparation of education programs.
The Parties shall encourage exchange of textbooks and other educational books and materials between the educational institutions of the two countries.
The Parties shall facilitate the participation of scholars or specialists of each other's country at international academic conferences held in the other country.
The Parties shall proceed co-operation in the field of recognition of education certificates, higher education degrees and academic titles in frames of international networks of recognition.
The Parties shall facilitate and support the study and popularization of Latvian language in Egypt and Arabic language in Latvia.
(1) For the purpose of implementing joint education and science projects and programmes the competent authorities of the Parties shall sign appropriate agreements.
(2) The Parties agree that executive programmes shall be worked out for the implementation of this Agreement.
(1) With the intent to implement this Agreement and discuss all issues occurring during the implementation of the Agreement the Parties delegate an equal number of representatives of each Party to the Joint Latvian-Egyptian Committee, hereinafter referred to as the Joint Committee.
(2) The Joint Committee shall meet alternatively in both countries, the place and time shall be set through diplomatic channels.
(3) The Joint Committee shall elaborate working programmes for three years by determining there the arrangement, order and financial conditions for the successful implementation of this Agreement.
(4) The Joint Committee shall review the previous working programmes and advise on the further co-operation in the field of education and science.
(1) This Agreement shall enter into force on the date of the latter notification through diplomatic channels confirming that the internal procedures of both Parties required for its entry into force have been fullfilled.
(2) This Agreement shall remain in force for a period of five years. It shall be automatically renewed for a period of five years until one of the Parties notifies the other Party in writing of its desire to terminate the Agreement six months prior to the expiration of the respective period.
(3) This Agreement may be modified by mutual consent of the Parties and the agreed modification shall come into force in accordance with the procedures established in the first paragraph of this Article.
(4) In the case of termination of this Agreement, all common programmes and projects signed on the basis of the present Agreement shall remain valid until their completion.
Done on 1 March 2009, in Sharm El Sheikh, in two original copies, each in the Latvian, Arabic and English language, all texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence of interpretation the English text shall prevail.
Tiesību akta pase
Publicēts:"Latvijas Vēstnesis", 194, 10.12.2009.