Aptauja ilgs līdz 23. oktobrim.
Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Moldova on Cooperation in the Field of Information Technologies
The Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Moldova, hereinafter referred to as "the Parties",
Willing to develop and strengthen mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of Information Technologies within the framework of the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Moldova on Economic, Industrial, Scientific and Technical Cooperation signed in Riga on 11 May 2007,
Sharing similar goals and objectives regarding the provision of efficient and reliable services to the population in both countries,
Taking into account that Latvia has become Member State of the European Union,
Taking into account the fact that the cooperation in information technologies and cooperation in areas of common interest through the exchange of ideas, information, skills and experience will be of benefit to both Parties,
Considering the need to more fully exploit the capacity of information technologies and the opportunities for applications provided by information technologies,
Have agreed on the following:
The Parties, on the basis of mutual benefit and in accordance with their national legislation and relevant norms and principles of the international law, as well as pursuant to this Agreement shall contribute to the development of relations in their economic, industrial, scientific and technical cooperation in the field of information technologies and applications provided by information technologies.
Cooperation in the field of information technologies shall cover the following areas:
1. development of information technologies and information systems;
2. development of eGovernment applications;
3. cooperation in State Information systems and public registers areas;
4. standardization in information technologies systems, products and services;
5. creation of information society services;
6. development of secure information technologies infrastructure and interoperable network solutions;
7. promotion of investments in the field of information technologies of both countries;
8. promotion of creation of joint ventures in the field of information technologies through projects in both countries or in third countries in accordance with the mutually applicable terms;
9. development of national legislation in the information technologies and applications provided by information technologies area;
10. holding joint seminars, conferences, forums and exhibitions;
11. providing mutual trips by representative teams of both Parties for the purpose of exchange of experience;
12. other issues in accordance with mutual agreement.
With the purpose of promoting activities in the field of information technologies, increasing cooperation and the adoption of new technologies, the Parties shall encourage the bodies, organizations and enterprises concerned of both countries to cooperate in promoting closer interaction and closer exchange of information regarding information technologies and where possible, to cooperate in carrying out specific programs and projects.
The Parties shall provide opportunities for specialists from both Parties to become involved in joint efforts for the purpose of applying experience that the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Moldova have gained in the field of promotion and development of information technologies solutions and applications.
The Parties shall take all necessary measures to protect, in full accordance with their respective legislation, the confidentiality of information, which is exchanged within the framework of cooperative activity, and shall not reveal or disseminate to third parties any information provided by the other Party without the letter's written authorization. This provision will survive the termination of this Agreement.
The authorized bodies responsible for implementation of this Agreement and for coordination of the activities are:
- on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Latvia - Secretariat of Special Assignments Minister for Electronic Government Affairs;
- on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Moldova - Ministry of Information Development.
Working languages for the joint activities of both Parties are: Russian and English. Before commencement of joint activities of the authorized bodies the Parties shall determine the working language to be used.
The Parties shall settle all disputes that may arise concerning the interpretation and implementation of this Agreement, by means of negotiation and consultations.
The alterations and amendments to this Agreement shall be made by the mutual consent of the Parties through the protocols, which are an integral part of this Agreement and shall enter into force in accordance with the procedure set in Article 10 of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall enter into force on the date of receipt, through diplomatic channels, of the last written notification about the fulfillment by the Parties of internal procedures necessary for its entering into force.
This Agreement shall be valid for a period of five years and shall be automatically extended for another period of five years unless either Party informs the other Party in writing of its desire to terminate this Agreement six months before the expiration date of the Agreement. Termination of the Agreement shall not affect the implementation of programs and projects, which may be launched during the period of its validity, unless agreed upon otherwise by the Parties.
Provisions of this Agreement do not affect Parties' rights and obligations that arise from other international agreements at which they participate.
Done at Chisinau on "24" August 2007, in two original copies, each in Latvian, Moldavian and English languages, all texts being equally authentic.
In case of divergence of interpretation of this Agreement, the English text shall prevail.
Tiesību akta pase
Publicēts:"Latvijas Vēstnesis", 196, 06.12.2007.