The Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia and the Ministry of National Defence of the Republic of Lithuania - hereinafter referred as the Parties;
Referring to the North Atlantic Treaty signed in Washington on 4 April 1949 to which the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Lithuania are the parties and to the Agreement between the Parties to the North Atlantic Treaty Regarding the Status of Their Forces, done in London on 19 June 1951;
Considering that Article III of the North Atlantic Treaty provides that the Parties will maintain and develop their individual and collective capacity to resist armed attack by means of self-help and mutual assistance;
Considering that assistance of the Latvian Party is necessary to the Lithuanian Party in providing Host Nation Support at Vilnius Airport for Air Policing operation over Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania;
Noting successful cooperation in the past thereof and that the Latvian Party is willing to continue its contribution;
have agreed to the following:
The purpose of this Technical Arrangement (TA) is:
1) to determine the contribution of the Latvian Party to the Lithuanian Party in providing host nation support at Vilnius Airport;
2) to regulate the transportation, installation, maintenance, use and dismantling of the arrestor gear contributed by the Latvian Party.
The Agreement Between the Parties to the North Atlantic Treaty Regarding the Status of Their Forces (NATO SOFA), done in London on 19 June 1951, shall apply to the forces involved in fulfilling the tasks set in this TA.
The Latvian Party shall contribute the arrestor gear to the Lithuanian Party.
(1) The Latvian Party shall transport the arrestor gear in working condition to Vilnius Airport and back to the territory of the Republic of Latvia at its own expense.
(2) The Latvian Party with Lithuanian Party's assistance shall install and dismantle the arrestor gear at its own expense.
(3) The Lithuanian Party shall provide the personnel necessary to operate the arrestor gear.
(4) After the arrestor gear is installed at Vilnius Airport, the Lithuanian Party shall perform the repair and maintenance of the arrestor gear and the legislation applicable in the Republic of Lithuania will govern all the necessary measures to be taken in order to provide such repair and maintenance.
(5) When the repair and maintenance of the arrestor gear is required, the Lithuanian Party submits to Latvian Party all necessary measures to be taken for prior approval.
(6) The Latvian Party will cover all the costs arising from repair and maintenance of the arrestor gear within 30 days since invoice receipt date.
The Lithuanian Party shall use the arrestor gear in accordance with its technical documentation.
All disputes regarding interpretation or application of this TA shall be resolved through bilateral negotiations and shall not be referred to a national or international tribunal or any other third party for settlement.
(1) This TA shall come into effect on the date of its last signature. This TA shall be in force for one year and will be automatically extended for another one year period.
(2) The amendments to this TA shall be done in writing by the mutual consent of both Parties.
(3) Any Party may terminate this TA by giving 3 (three) months prior notice in writing to other Party.
(4) Notwithstanding the termination of this TA, the provisions of Section 4 (Parties' Obligations), and Section 6 (Settlement of Disputes) shall remain in effect until all outstanding payments, claims and disputes are settled.
(5) This TA is signed in two original copies in the English language.
Tiesību akta pase
Nosaukums: Technical Arrangement BETWEEN THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE OF THE REPUBLIC OF LATVIA AND THE MINISTRY OF .. Statuss: